Did you try logging in multiple times in a row?
If you have entered an incorrect password five or more times your account is automatically locked out for thirty minutes.
I just had an account created and I can't login. What do I do next?
First-time passwords for new users are set to a unique value for each user and must be changed after first use. Go to http://portal.office.com and login with your Saint Meinrad email address as the username and the unique password you received from the IT Department. You will be prompted to change it. Once changed, you will be able to log in to Moodle.
Is it possible my password expired?
Yes it is. Saint Meinrad Archabbey accepts credit cards and is required to follow standards known as PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards). Those criteria standards are as follows:
- Requires users to change passwords at least every 90 days
- New passwords cannot be the same as the four previously used passwords
- Require a minimum length of at least seven characters
- Not contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
To verify if your password is expired, go to http://portal.office.com and login with your Saint Meinrad email address as the username and your email password. If your password is expired you will be prompted to change it. Once changed, you will be able to log in to Moodle.
I read the above and I still am having trouble. What do I do next?
You can submit a help desk ticket to email@example.com or you may call the IT Department at 812-357-8200 and someone will be happy to assist.